Thursday, May 3, 2007

6 miles, 9:18 pace

I wanted to do an easy run today. My original plan was to run 10 min miles on the hilly 2 mile loop around campus. My legs were definitely tired from the speed workout yesterday, but not tired enough I guess. I did everything I could to slow down to a 10 min pace but I just couldn't do it. I felt too good. I want to run pretty hard at the Pig on Sunday so my training runs wont be very strenuous the rest of the week. I am going to do 5 at marathon pace tomorrow. then something easy Saturday. The plan for Sunday is to go out at 8:45 pace (which would be a 3:50 marathon) and hope I don't blow up (my PR is 4:18.) It probably isn't such a great idea, trying to PR by almost 30 min. with no taper. Should be intresting.

1 comment:

Adelyn said...

ack! good luck :) Well, this whole no tapering before the marathon thing (Kim seems to be doing that too!) gives me hope for my desire to not do a huge taper for my marathon in June.

Good luck hitting that PR!