Tuesday, July 15, 2008

5 miles, track, relaxed pace, sinisters, 7:55 overall pace

7:48, 7:55, 7:59, 7:58, 7:56

I ran 5 miles tonight on the track at a fairly relaxed pace. My calves got pretty tired after the third mile but I felt good. I haven't been running much lately. It's a combination of being busy doing other things and not having a specific race to train for. I plan to pick it up a bit in the weeks to come as I start training for my fall marathon (Boston qualifier), although I still haven't picked one yet. The nice thing about not running much is that when I do run I feel really, really good, that is until I get tired because I'm out of shape.

2 comments:

ed said...

I’ve been keeping up with your training -- it has me looking into Vibrams – would you recommend the KSO design? I thought I might try experimenting with them this summer.

Josh said...

Ed,

I have never tried the KSO's. I do have a friend that just bought a pair and he seems to like them. I think they would be more effective at keeping debris out of the shoe, because they are fully enclosed. I think I prefer the more minimalist coverage of the classics, but the KSO's would be a good choice also. Whatever you do, don't get the sprints. The strap is usless, a waist of $10, my classics have never come off my feet while running or walking, and I wear them all the time. One more thing I would mention about the KSO's is that they are harder to put on, but it would probably get easier once you got used to it. Let me know what you go with!