Sunday, June 14, 2009

Just got back from Glacier. The weather was beautiful, as was the park. It was the first time I'd ever been there. It's a great place for backcountry hiking and camping. I plan to take another trip back this summer when snow is totally melted for a longer trip. We got there friday night and camped at a regular campsite. Saturday we hiked 6 miles into Cracker lake and spent the night there. It was the best backcountry campsite I've ever stayed at. The lake was fed 100% by snow melt which flowed infrom two streams on either side of the lake. It was a crazy aqua blue color. Hopefully I'll be able to put some pictures up later. Sunday we hiked out and headed home. I don't do any running but it was a nice steady hike both days with good sized pack.

1 comment:

Don: said...

I have been to Glacier twice and really loved the park.
Lot's of great hikes and a few bears, if I remember.
Glad to see your beginning to blog again.
Good luck with your upcoming 50 KM.