Friday, September 14, 2007

I had another good run on the beach on Tuesday of 14 miles. I really wanted to do an out and back of the beach (about 50 miles) but the weather looked questionable and I wasn't sure if I could make it the whole way. Wednesday I went the Mt. Rainier and did another 14 miles on the wonderland trail. On the last half mile of my run I twisted my ankle pretty good. I would say I twisted it about as hard as I could without snapping it in half. I was running full speed, down hill over roots and rocks. I heard it pop 2 or 3 times. I have turned my ankle plenty of times, but that had to be the most painful. It swelled up pretty good right away, but never really got bad. I was able to walk on it a few minutes later. The swelling went down the next day. It only hurts a little now. I will be heading to Cle Elum later tonight for tomorrows race.

In non running related news, while I was here in Washington my car at home was totaled, which is always fun. I live in an apartment complex on a hill. I park my car in the front parking lot, right off of the road. Apparently some drunk guy was flying up the hill at 8:30 in the morning, ran through my neighbors yard, into the parking lot hitting my car, knocking the engine into the front seat, spinning it 180 degrees and into the street. needless to say it was totaled. Luckily the guy had insurance so I have a check from the insurance company for $5,000 for a new car. Which is more than my car was worth anyway. So when I get home on Sunday I need to find a new car.

5 comments:

Running 2 Mohican said...

Wow, what news to hear when you are gone. Good to hear he had insurance.

King Arthur said...

Good luck in Cle Elum. I'm bummed that I'm not going to be there. I'll be lucky if I get in a 25k run this weekend after my 113 miles at Plain.

Anonymous said...

Nice Josh! Good luck at Cle Elum!

Adelyn said...

wow...glad you're okay, even if the car isn't....hopefully new car shopping will be fun :)

Glad the ankle didn't get too badly hurt with such a nasty twist. The one and only time I've badly twisted my ankle I couldn't walk without a walking book for almost a month! Luckily I hadn't yet gotten addicted to running or it could have gotten nasty ;)

Good luck at Cle Elum!

Adelyn said...

and my good luck is more that I hope you had good luck and look forward to hearing about the experience :D