Tuesday, July 17, 2007

total run: 15 miles
AM: 5 mile run, 11:50 pace, Trails
1 mile swim, 40 minutes
PM: 10 mile run, 11:00 pace, Trails

I performed my normal morning duty of clearing all the spider webs of the trails with my face this morning. I feel sorry for those little guys. Don't get me wrong, I hate spider as much as the next guy, but it has to suck to build a web every night and have it torn down by some goon running by every morning (me.) You would think they would learn to build them off the trails, guess not. I had time to go to the pool this morning after running because I didn't have to be at work until 9.

After work I went back to MAF for a 2 loop, 10 mile run. I am working on running more hills then usual. The Step Stones 50k will be run in October on the same loop I run about 40 miles a week on, so I want to be ready for it. My goal is to run a 5:30 at Step Stones, which should put me in the top 10 on this tough course. This race is a big deal to me, I want to perform well on my home course. I think this will be the first 50k I will ever taper for!
I had a pair of good runs today. I even broke onto the leader board for the month of July and for this week on Running-Journal.com!

I think I will be doing the Orange and Blue sections of Mohican on Saturday morning. If anyone wants to join, let me know. I can't promise we wont get lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about smashing our faces into the spider webs...that is a little annoying at times...

Anonymous said...

So as soon as you ran through the 2nd loop tonight, those spiders got busy setting their webs / nets for you in the morning loop, huh?
Mike and I had bats swooping around us on Sat night run, eating moths and bugs by our lights!
You go Josh!!