Tuesday, December 18, 2007

CrossFit WOD: "Fran"
95lb Thrusters, Pull ups
three sets: 21,15,9

This was my first CF workout. I couldn't even come close to the recommended weights so I had to modify it

first set (21 Reps): 65lb Thrusters, pull ups (6 unassisted/ 10, 55lb assisted/ 5, 75 lb assisted
Second Set (15 Reps): 45lb Thrusters, Pull ups (10, 75lb assisted/ 5, 85lb assisted)
Third Set (9 Reps): 55lb Thrusters, Pull ups (9, 85lb assisted)

Time: 11:17

It's humbling to find out just how weak you really are, but you have to start somewhere, right?

Whats a Thruster, you ask? Click Here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is still confusing for me. Did you do the thrusters AND pullups? The assisted/unassisted, I assume that means the pullups?

Can you email me the link where you get the WOD?

Anonymous said...

Impressive Josh! Don't worry about where you are starting w/ weight and reps, most runners are not very strong upper body. You'll make huge strides quickly, I'm sure.

I saw the thruster video, what are assisted pullups? Is that having a beautiful young lady help lift you over the bar when arms fail??

Josh said...

Mike,

Yes. you do 21 thrusters, then 21 pull ups, then 15 thrusters, 15 pull ups, 9 thrusters, 9 pull ups. The assisted is the pull ups. I'll email you the link, (Crossfit.com)

Tony,

thanks! yep, most runners have weak upper bodies, I am surely no exception. You're right on about the pull ups, lol. OK maybe not. There is a pull up machine at the gym with a platform, you can set it to a certain weight then step on the platform so what ever you set the wieght to, you're removing that much body weight that you have to pull up.