Sunday, June 1, 2008

as predicted, things have gotten better in the past 4 days, funny how that works.

I ran 2.5 miles on Thursday. I felt discomfort in my knee when I started to run but it wasn't pain so I decided to test it out. I sped up gradually each lap. The faster I went the less it hurt, after the first mile it stopped hurting completely and didn't bother me the rest of the run.

I ran 3 miles on Friday with similar results. This time the knee only bothered me for the first 800m then not again for the rest of the run.

1 mile on Saturday. I felt more severe pain at the start of my run and had to walk after about 100 meters, then after 20 meters I tried to run again, the pain was gone and didn't hurt the rest of the run.

I ran 3 miles today (Sunday.) I started out with the same pain from Saturday, but this time it went away within 100 meters, without having to walk. Again, it didn't bother me the rest of the run.

I'm still not sure what the problem is it seems to go away with a short warm up. I am keeping my runs very short for a couple reasons. First, I don't want to take a chance at running long and making my knee worse until I can run 100% pain free from start to finish. Second, I am doing all of my running in my Vibrams, so it will take some time to build up enough strength in my lower legs and make my feet tough enough to withstand a long run with no shoes.

No comments: