Wednesday, April 18, 2007

10 miles, 9:20 pace

It is always a relief for me to get in my first normal training run after a race. It took me 4 days, but I finally did it. The run felt good today. Nice and easy, with a little tightness towards the end. I am starting to see a lot more runners out on the streets. It must be Spring, those seasonal runners, shesh, what do they do all winter?

The results are in from McNaughton. 10 of 40 finished the 150 miler, 27 of 50 finished the 100. I finished 33 out of 100 in the 50 (including 33 DNF's)

The registration is already Open for McNaughton '08. I went ahead and signed up for the 150. I figured it would be better to do it now so in 8 or 9 months when I am thinking to my self "Are you and idiot? You can't run 150 miles!!!!!!!!!" It will already be to late. who's going to join me?? Rob? Kim? Mike? Commit now, suffer later!

2 comments:

Adelyn said...

Ah!! You're crazy :) But in such a cool, awesome, inspiring way. I can't wait to see how this race goes for you in a year!

Congrats on making the commitment :)

Kim said...

You know, when my idol David Goggins is struggling on the course, that makes me think twice about a race.
Of course, I think the 50 mile portion would be great as a training run for Mohican next year!