Saturday, March 17, 2007

2 miles, 7:30 pace


I continued my experiment with the Vibrams today. I have decided that for the time being I will only run 2 miles at a time with the Vibrams until my calves strengthen. I really love these shoes. If you are having trouble with your knee or hip joints and you want to learn to run with a ball-heel foot strike as apposed to a heel-ball, get a pair of Vibrams and run a steep paved down hill. after a few yards the painful pounding of your heels will force you to land ball first. Landing on the ball first makes the calf absorb the shock instead of your knee and hip joints. It will take a while for my calves to build up to the point where I can run all the time with a ball first foot strike, but it will be worth it.

"If you start to feel good during an ultra, dont' worry you will get over it."
Gene Thibeault

1 comment:

Running 2 Mohican said...

Take your time and let the body get use to something that you have done diffrently all of your life.