Thursday, March 15, 2007

8 miles, 8:30 pace

I was finally able to get back to running today. It with tapering and recovering this was the first time in almost 3 weeks that I was able to get in a good training run. I did the 2 mile loop around campus, but alternated my pace each loop. I ran the first loop with a 7:30 pace, the second loop with a 9:30 pace, went back to 7:30's for the third loop then 9:30's for the fourth. I was originally planning to do one more loop at 7:30's to get an even 10 miles, but this was the first time I had done a workout like this and my quads were pretty tired so I just stopped at 8. My legs felt great today, not at all sluggish from the 50 miler. Besides the sprained ankle the recovery from the 50 miler was no problem at all.

"I like to tell people that at one point in the Boston Marathon, I was within 200 yards of the Kenyans... then they fired the starting pistol." Robert Key Faithfulsoles.com

1 comment:

Running 2 Mohican said...

I am sure the legs were not near as sluggish as the mid way point of teh 50. Great job getting moving agin.