Wednesday, February 21, 2007

10 miles, 9:30 pace

Nice weather again today. I ran my normal loop around campus. I was feeling very sluggish today but I perked right up when I started running. My pace and breathing were free and easy. I have some interesting soreness in my left calf but I don't think it is a big deal.

I put in quite a few miles on the roads during the week, usually 30 to 40. Their are certain things I have noticed about road runners. They don't seem to be nearly as friendly as trail runners, and they always look so pissed off when they are running. I always wave, or perform some other display of common courtesy when I pass a runner while training. I always get a response on a trail, but on the roads it is about 20%. Running is supposed to be fun, why the scawls? another thing that bothers me about road running: cars that stop in the middle of the cross walk! One of these days I am going to run right over the hood of their car or do a head first slide right over the roof. That will teach them. I will be sure to blog about that monumental event when it happens.

Quote of the Day:
"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible." - Doug Larson

No comments: