Thursday, February 15, 2007

Total miles: 11

10 miles, 8:40 pace

final mile, 6:40 pace

Today was a good day. I hate to say it but I think I am getting used to running inside. Today's run felt very smooth and easy. My muscles felt great and my joints did too. Towards the end of the run 2 other guys started running on the track (we will call them guys A and B). I have seen these guys before, I think they may be training for the flying pig. They run at a pretty good clip and I have always wanted to pace with them. Needless to say I got a little carried away. another guy(lets call him guy C) and I began to follow guys A and B they could feel us behind them so they started speeding up trying to lose us. Before I knew it I was sprinting around the track after a 10 mile workout. Probably not the best thing for my training but it was fun. guy C and I stayed with guys A and B for about a mile and a half. After that I did some cool down laps and began talking to the guy C, his name was shaday, he is from Palestine. He has 12 siblings, 5 of which are engineers and he came to UC 6 months ago to get his Masters from UC's architecture program (ranked 2nd in the nation). I talked to him a while about the difference between Palestine and the U.S. he told me how he wanted to go home to Palastine but when he gets back their he will wish he is back in the U.S. I then told him the old cliche "The grass is always greener on the other side." He had never heard that before, and thought it was the greatest thing in the world. He even had me repeat it so he could commit it to memory. He was talking about how he likes to jump rope and I told him that I used to be on the wrestling team in high school and we used to jump rope all the time. After I mentioned wrestling I spent the next 10 minutes answering question about Hulk Hogan and other famous WWF wrestlers. It was a good time. I guess that is one good thing about going to a gym, there are more people to meet and talk to. I am glad that today was a much better run then yesterday.

No comments: