Monday, February 19, 2007

10 miles, 9:30 pace

This was the first time a can remember in the last three weeks that the weather didn't screw up my run. I was able to get in my normal 5 laps around campus. It felt really good, and the weather was so nice. It was about 40 degrees. The run started of a little shaky. My calves are still toasted from all those hills on Saturday, and they were really burning in the first 2 miles. I wasn't sure if I would be able to complete the entire run. After the first 2 miles my calves settled down and I cruised from there. My quads felt totally fresh which was a pleasant surprise because I was attacking the down hills pretty hard during the race this weekend. This well be my last week of normal training before I start my taper for the 50 at LBL.

No comments: