Wednesday, June 27, 2007

7 miles total

5 miles, 10:23 pace, Trail

2 miles, 8:00 pace, Road

I did my normal MAF loop after work today (sans both major hills.) I pushed it pretty hard. The humidity was so bad, at times I couldn't figure out if I was running or swimming. When I got home I wanted to test out my new road shoes, NB 892's, so I went out on the 2 mile loop around my block. I haven't found a road shoe yet that I have really like. It is mostly because if I am wearing a road shoe that means I am running on the road. The shoe felt OK, the toe box is HUGE which I usually like, but it is a little to roomy. On my final kick down the hill towards my apartment I hit a 4:50 pace for about 10 seconds. I hardly even felt like I was in control of my legs, I don't know how anyone can keep up that pace for an entire marathon...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know...the pace those elite guys go at is phenomenal. I realize that I can't even really keep that pace for ONE LAP yet.

Don't get me wrong, I never want to get that fast at the marathon.....I want to be a 3 hour guy for a year or two though.

I ordered another pair of the green Cascadias from Vince...this time size 12.5 though. last ones are 12. They are good, but I think I am learning with distance that I like just a little more room for the toes, etc. For me though, 13 is too much, so 12.5 should be right. I will know soon. Then getting shoes is more of a hassle because no one stocks that size. Have to order it.

I can't wait til this weekend. My running tonight was very rewarding.

Running 2 Mohican said...

Great job Josh. Train Train train! BTW what was up with the throw it over the shoulder?

Josh said...

Rob,

The throw it over the should comment was a reference to the size of my man parts.

Running 2 Mohican said...

Man do you not know ultra runners should not do that! It streches the hammy.

Kim said...

I'm ignoring your man posts.

Is the NB 892 shoes a progression from the NB 872's??

Maria said...

Kim are you ignoring his man posts or his man parts? LOL!

ErieTom said...

Nice job Josh! Those are pretty fast runs compared to the slow running I was doing leading up to Mohican!

Today I went for a lunchtime run with our company's fitness center Thurdsay lunch running crew. I was a little nervous since I hadn't done any speed work since I ran the New Year's Day 5 miler. We ran about 8:30 / mile pace I'd say for about 3.5 miles. I did ok, but I could tell I haven't been running "fast."