Sunday, June 3, 2007

7 miles, trail

I went to MAF this evening to do a loop or two. I wasn't sure if Brian and Bob were going to be there so I waited a few minutes before starting. I did the first 5 mile loop with a run/walk similar to what I plan to use at mohican. It felt very comfortable. I feel fine from the race yesterday. I had some soreness when I woke up this morning, but the run today felt really good. When I got back from the first loop I saw Brian's car parked right behind mine. It was dark at this point so I grabbed my headlamp and ran the loop in the opposite direction until I saw him lead an army of 4 runners through the night. I tucked in behind them and ran the last mile or so of the loop with them.

I am now in 100% full taper mode. I will probably run 20 miles or so this week. Nothing more than 5 miles a day.

Weekly mileage: 58

2 comments:

Running 2 Mohican said...

Looks like your ready and willing for Mo! Rest up.

Anonymous said...

Nice work Josh....I thought about it and a good sign is that you had so much left in the tank at the end of the 50k. Obviously your body was wanting to run even faster than the pace we were holding together.

I look forward to seeing you at Mo...getting pictures of everyone. In fact, I just realized I will be able to photo the start because I will not be needed at the aid station til 9am.

I was feeling very very surprisingly good last night....reference my blog, but I can't believe how much quicker I am recovering from these deals. And you know that was a pretty good pace for me at the 50k, so it is not like I recovered quicker due to sandbagging it there. The only thing that would have sped me up down there would have been a 15 degree drop in temps....