Thursday, June 14, 2007

I went to MAF for a final tune up run today, but while I was sitting in my car I decided against it. I weighed the pros and cons. I thought the only good that would come out of the run today would be that it might make my legs a little more loose at the beginning of the race Saturday, but then I thought "I have 100 miles to loosen up." I also thought I could twist an ankle or wear down my legs a tad before the race if I ran today, so I just didn't run at all. I am starting to lose my damn mind waiting for this race. I have so much built up energy I can't sit still.

It's time to lay it on the line! I haven't DNF'ed in any of my 23 races, That won't change this weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome decision Bro! You are so close, you have everything you need within you now. YOU must allow it out a TINY LITTLE BIT AT A TIME! You have enough for 100 miles. You know that in your heart right now....know it as well at 80 miles. 90 miles. 99 miles. I cannot wait to see your buckle.

Kim said...

Good decision. Your legs will loosen up hiking up the first big hill-about 1 mile into the race.
I willbe so glad (and sad) not to see your freaking counter any longer!

E-Speed said...

you're going to do great! You just have taper madness right now. Good Luck!