Wednesday, January 30, 2008

10 miles, 7:57 pace, indoor track

I haven't run that fast for that long in a couple months. To be honest, I didn't think I could do it anymore. That's about the same speed I was running a couple months ago in my speed phase, although it was a tad easier then. mile 8 was hard, mile 9 was really hard, mile 10 was really really hard. Before I ran my first 100, whenever I was in the middle of a tough run, I would just think about how happy I would be at miles 98, 99, and 100. Tonight I was thinking about miles 148, 149, and 150...

6 comments:

Stuart said...

Great pace, man I wish i was 10 years younger!

Anonymous said...

Stud! I thought of a new way to think of the effort during runs...

During miles 1-5 you were asking it of your body.

6-7 you were starting to plead.

8 nearly begging

9 begging it of the body

and

10 you DEMANDED it!

Nice work bro! I know the feeling of being on the edge of asking too much but still pushing through...it hurts, buy man it makes us better!

(within reason, don't go gimping up again...)

Unknown said...

Awesome work! -What else can I say?

Anonymous said...

Kinda like on Maria's blog sidebar about the marathon...
at mile 20 I thought I was dead,
at mile 22 I wished I was dead,
at mile 24 I know I was dead,
at mile 26.2 I knew I had become to tough to kill....
love that!! HA...I even changed those numbers for my BR100 to
40, 60, 80, & 100 miles!
Great job Josh!

triguyjt said...

josh..

you are well on your way...

nice pace..
thanks for checking out my blog, homie, yo

Running 2 Mohican said...

Show off. Imagine how fast you would have been using both legs.