Saturday, January 12, 2008

I went to the rec this morning to try out some of the group fitness classes they offer. First, was a 1 hour Yoga CHI class. I guess it's supposed to be a mixture of Yoga and TAI CHI, but because I have never been to a Yoga or TAI CHI class I obviously missed the connection. This was a real challenge. I'm very inflexible, so getting into the different poses was difficult, if not impossible.

After that I tried the 1 hour Spinning class. This was a great cardio workout. I was able to keep up with the rest of the class, but it wasn't easy. I hope to be able to fit in these group fitness classes every week. They should help to keep me in shape while I'm not running, and keep me balanced when I start running again.

After the two classes I went for another 1/2 mile run on the indoor track. I had no pain in my leg. I think the yoga helped stretch out my Achilles. After the running I jumped on the elliptical for 30 minutes and 3.7 miles.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job. Great to hear your Achilles wasn't hurting. Hopefully all the cross training and rest will pay off.
Yoga is wonderful in helping me get stretched out. I don't do it long enough to get the full benefits, but every little bit helps me to be a little more flexible.

Kim said...

Spinning is probably really good to help with your endurance. And your Crossfit workouts sound kickass! Are you going to get a bunch of tattoos like Catra?

Josh said...

Nick,

I looked like such a goof in the yoga class, lol. I think the teacher felt sorry for me.

Kim,

The spinning class was tough! but fun, I hope I can make it back next weekend. The CrossFit has been AWESOME so far! I don't think I could pull off the tats quite like Catra.