Sunday, January 20, 2008

I ran 7 miles today with no pain. It felt great. The first 4 were done at an 8 min pace but that got pretty tough so I slowed it down and ran the last three in 9:20, 9:30, 8:11 with 200m walking in between. This was on an indoor track. it's too damn cold for me to go outside, I'm a wimp. I've definitely lost some endurance from my time off but it will come back quickly.

after the run I went to my second Yoga class. It went better than the first one, but I still suck.

Then I went to another 1 hour spinning class. It was a decent workout but not as good as Tuesday night.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Yay! Glad you're on your way back. See you Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear about pain-free running!

Pat said...

a pain free run is alway nice. good luck on your next race. I hate the cold too and I live in AZ.

Running 2 Mohican said...

Looks like the time off worked. Start very slow. Yoga. Hmmmmm. No I think I will pass. But, I think the stretching would be very beneficial.

Josh said...

Kim,

Can't wait for Saturday!

Tony,

Thanks!

Pat,

Man, does winter suck!

Rob,

All I can say about the yoga is that after the first session the pain in my Achilles was gone, that made me a believer.

Unknown said...

Great job. With all the work you have been doing with CF, you will have the strength to get back you running endurance soon.